Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

CCI .22 Long Rifle AR Tactical

crashoverrideplik

Believe it or not subsonic and hyper-velocity rounds shoot very well in my Colt, just not the CCI or Remmington versions. Winchester and Aguilla subsonics are VERY accurate to 70 yds. (which is as far as I've tried them), and are very quiet when suppressed. They cycle and chamber very well even with the bolt spring tightened all the way in. The Winchester's "truncated cone" 40gr. hollow point packs quite a PUNCH for a slow-moving bullet. The squirrels don't even know what hit 'em!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

CCI AR Tactical runs fine in my new M&P22 Pistol (not AR type). In fact, it eats them like candy. From what I can tell, the ammo is nothing more than standard copper plated round nose 22LR with a fair amount of wax. It does feed very smoothly in the M&P pistol. Next time I get a chance, I'll try it in the M&P15/22 as well.

• 4 months later...

Just bought a box of the CCI AR tactical. So far this is the best ammo for my M&P 15-22. I have had nothin but trouble with the federal 550. Empty cases not ejecting completely from the ejection port. The CCI Tactical groupings were nice and tight, about 1 1/2" @25yds. I also likes the Federal Auto Match which performed well but the groupings werent as good (could be the shooter).