Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Air Soft

techmike

I had one in California, a single shot MP5. I could hit magpies with it, and while it wasn't lethal, it would knock off a few feathers, and the flock soon relocated to another tree, not the one in my back yard. It was fun, always wanted to get one of the motorized ones.

oh boy, this will be a fun forum =) havn't been on in a while. with the ammo crunch i almost considered selling the colt since i threw it back it's factory configuration for the time being, but seeing as how all the price gougers seem to be running low on funds and are giving up on trying to sell high priced items since the panic buying has died a bit, im back on the .22 modifcation crunch again. i'll have to get some pics up in the modification forum soon of my progress.

@techmike, check out evike, they have some killer deals with 20% off on AEGs (automatic electric guns) G&P brand offers some very realistic replicas.  Price is a bit more, but you're paying for quality.  i'll have to post some pics of my .223/5.56 build also lol. it took forever to source for parts because of the panic buyers, but i was able to get everything for pre panic pricing lol.

@asmurff check these out:

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=41665

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=39321

it's like assembling a real ar15 but uses gas, you will have to get green gas or a propane adapter and use propane from those coleman camping things or whatever. there are alot of topics on it, cheap to shoot and fun to build. i just built the tan one, but sold it shortly after to fund my Noveske lower since i was able to find one at non scalper prices.  It was about $250 shipped and then whatever else you want to add on such as bbs or the adapter and stuff. no battery charging and a very nice blowback to it.  everything functions similar to a real ar so would be a good training weapon also.  dont forget to use couponcode: evike2013 to get 20% off which makes it around $250 shipped.

i've kinda trended away from the electric guns and preferring the gas ones more.  it gives more "realism", although the electric ones deck out just the same.  i like the blowback though since it gives me a feeling that im actually shooting something and having a moving bcg is a plus.  it also locks back on the last shot and working bolt stop is pretty darn sweet.  take down is the same as a real ar and many of the ar parts fit with no issues, stocks, grips, rails and so on. i've seen guys throw thousands of dollars into their gas blowbacks.

Went out to the garage to shoot it today, it is pretty accurate. I have an old bin I set up for shooting my sling shot at or rather into, it works well for this also. Just for grins I may have to put the rubber bayonet on it.

• 1 year later...

Well, I got my TSD SD96 from Airsoft Atlanta. Impressive, while the stock is plastic, the rest is metal, with very good fit & finish. It is fun to shoot, and so far one bushy tailed rodent was observed limping as it left the yard. Very good customer service from Airsoft Atlanta, ordered on Sunday, arrived on Wednesday, no hassles, everything worked. :thumb: