Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

My Dilemma

chapps

Hi guys. I am in the UK and will have my firearms certificate come through from the police soon meaning I can go shopping for a rifle. I have narrowed it down to the SIG 522 almost exclusively - but I am having a dilemma as to which one to go for. I really like the look of the Swat version, but will be using it almost exclusively at the range and don't expect to be doing any 'tactical training' due to the restrictive UK laws on where and how we can shoot.

The problem is compounded by the costs - for some odd reason, the 522 target with the floating barrel and 1.5-5x sight is the cheapest here in the UK with an equivalent price of $1040, the Classic is the equivalent of $1,200 and the Swat is the equivalent of $1,360 - a lot of money compared to what you lucky guys can get them for...

SO - what should I get and why? and is it worth it (it's worth mentioning that even the S&W 15-22 is around $1,300 here...)

Cheers for your help

Chapps.

Hi:

You are making the correct choice of a Sig 522.  I took a while looking around at the different models available here in the states and finally decided on the Sig R522-Barrel-Combo.  You get a 16 inch barrel with flash suppressor and 20 inch target

barrel.  Do not know if this combo is for sale in your area but you might want to check into the combo package; I'm sure glad I did.

Regards,

762 Shooter