Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Just got some great ammo!

wobblinwheel

Just purchased a box of "American Eagle" 45 gr. CPRN Subsonic "Suppressor" .22 lr ammo. At 25-30 yards, this stuff is AMAZING! The stated muzzle velocity is 970 fps, and is VERY quiet (especially suppressed). It cycles perfectly in my Colt/Umarex M4, even with the bolt spring turned-in six turns, which also works fine with hi-velocity ammo. Oddly enough, they look EXACTLY like CCI Mini-Mags, even though they have an "F" on the base (Federal). I have shot two squirrels with them already, and to be a solid round nose, the impact was devastating! One hell of a "THUD"! I believe the groups I'm getting at 30 yds, is the best I've seen so far. Very clean, too. I'm guessing the extra weight of the bullet accounts for it's flawless cycling and it's flat trajectory at shorter distances. So much more accurate than hi-velocity, it ain't funny! You guys need to try this one! I hate to say it, but I paid $9.95 a box (50), just out of curiosity. Now I need to find some at a more REASONABLE price! Midway advertises them at $28.00 a brick, but they're not in stock (imagine that). I've seen 'em on GunBroker for as much as $119.00 a brick!!(500). This is just CRAZY!!!!

• 1 year later...

Just purchased a box of "American Eagle" 45 gr. CPRN Subsonic "Suppressor" .22 lr ammo. At 25-30 yards, this stuff is AMAZING! The stated muzzle velocity is 970 fps, and is VERY quiet (especially suppressed). It cycles perfectly in my Colt/Umarex M4, even with the bolt spring turned-in six turns, which also works fine with hi-velocity ammo. Oddly enough, they look EXACTLY like CCI Mini-Mags, even though they have an "F" on the base (Federal). I have shot two squirrels with them already, and to be a solid round nose, the impact was devastating! One hell of a "THUD"! I believe the groups I'm getting at 30 yds, is the best I've seen so far. Very clean, too. I'm guessing the extra weight of the bullet accounts for it's flawless cycling and it's flat trajectory at shorter distances. So much more accurate than hi-velocity, it ain't funny! You guys need to try this one! I hate to say it, but I paid $9.95 a box (50), just out of curiosity. Now I need to find some at a more REASONABLE price! Midway advertises them at $28.00 a brick, but they're not in stock (imagine that). I've seen 'em on GunBroker for as much as $119.00 a brick!!(500). This is just CRAZY!!!!

at 19.9© each less powder, no wonder the stores keep gouging everyone when they get it.