Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

New HK416 22LR

Looks like there has not been any activity here in a while.

Ordered my 416 from CDNN back in Dec with an extra mag and shipping it came to $379. Not a bad price at all. It only took 4 days from ordering to arrival at FFL. Unfortunately I had to leave the next day for a week long trip and did not get to shoot it until this week.

In the mean time I ordered some Tapco rail covers and a Truglo red/green dot sight. The  rail covers really make it much easier to hold.

I went to the local outdoor range to try it out and it was a real zoo there (live in Fla and range was full of snowbirds..LOL). Plus it started raining so my time was short but did get to run about 150 rnds through it for function test. I had two FTF's that I decided were my fault for not inserting the mag fully. Other than that, it worked great.My ammo was all at least 10 yrs old but it worked just fine.

Now I will try to get to the indoor range and sight it in better and put a few hundred more through it .

I love the gun and it appears to be very well made. I know its not a real HK but it sure is fun to shoot.

post-2104-144124394501_thumb.jpg

I have a couple of thousand rounds that I have stored for quite quite some time so I have not been worried. UNTIL, I started looking around to buy some more and no 22LR is to be found . I have been wanting to do some shooting with the new HK and a 10/22 that I have gathering dust in the safe. None of the Walmart,Dicks, or Bass Pro's have had any for a while.

So I bit the bullet and ordered a thousand rounds today from Smokey Mountain Munitions. Actually its kinda hard finding online shops with any decent supply. Gone are the days when you could buy a brick for $10 at the local hardware store..LOL

Went to a indoor range today and put around 200 rnds through the gun. NO problems with almost all my ammo except some really old Federal. Several FTFire due to age no doubt. Everything else went through it just fine.

In cleaning it one small problem occurred, One of the small nuts holding the action together fell out as I was cleaning it! Not sure exactly where it came from ?

I do not want to take it completely apart. May write Umerex and see what they say.

Small nut huh.... On page 18 of the manual, (pdf attached), item #60 is a "screw nut". There are a few of them, they hold the inner receiver together. The corresponding screws are supposed to have a coating of thread lock to stop this issue. I am guessing that you have had one come loose & drop out. I do not have the H&K, I have the Colt, but both are made by Umarex, and both are near identical inside. Click HERE, and then click on the power point link and you can see step by step instructions for getting it apart. Be sure to read that caution about where parts may jump out and are not to be found again, and also how taking it apart this far would probably negate your warranty. But it is not too bad if you are handy with tools.

TM

6485_770e5652a605a5a26ad1efebe8f7fb106ddef461.pdf

TM, thanks for the PDF. My manual does not include the schematic for the gun. I knew that the inner parts were held together with the screws. There is a good Youtube on just this issue. I can hear the bolt/screw inside the gun but I think I will wait to take it apart for now. Not sure if anything will be hurt by this but doubt it.

• 2 weeks later...

New pic with a Monstrum 3 power optic. I really liked the Truglo red/green dot sight but I thought the 3 power magnification might help my old eyes out. I have not had it to the range yet but will let you know how well it works. The scope was pretty cheap but had pretty good reviews, we shall see.

post-2104-144124394516_thumb.jpg

post-2104-144124394519_thumb.jpg

Hi and welcome  :thumb:

Well where I live 22's are like rocking horse poop I havnt seen any on a shelf in over a year. I brought a federal 550 brick from a work mate for $15 he used 30 out of the brick and sold the 22 rifle he had the price sticker on the brick was for $74.

Have not seen any on the shelves here either but I had over 2000 rnds on hand. Granted its over 15 years old but stored well and works good. I recently bought 3  325 packs of Federal from Smokey Mountain Munitions for $98 including shipping. The days of $10 bricks are long gone so you just have to get used to it I guess.

My biggest gripe  is that nowdays the only place to shoot is at regulated ranges..gone are the days where you could go out and shoot at cans against a berm.Nothing like making a can dance with a 22...LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Went to the range today to try and get the 3X Monstrum scope sighted in. Did not have a lot of time but this target is from one 20rnd mag at 15 yards, the longest I can shoot at the indoor range. The scope sure did help.  Good enough for today. Ran 150 rnds of very old ammo with absolutely no failures of any kind. Eat them up and spit them out.

post-2104-14412439482_thumb.jpg