Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

GSG-5 HK94 Selector Switch Mod

It seems that a lot of GSG-5 owners who change to the SEF lower, are using a HK G3/91/94 selector switch (aka blocking bar).

I have seen the switch go for as little as $1.95 used, to $39.95 new. It looks like all you do is grind down the bar to the shape of the original switch and you have a metal upgrade to your safety switch. 

Anyone out there done this mod, or seen it elsewhere?

Thank you sideshow99! That was some interesting reading. The only thing I didn't see mentioned, was what size bit used to drill out the trigger housing (the part I wasn't to thrilled about). I guess once the trigger housing is drilled out, you can not re-use the original selector switch. That being said, I am hoping the newer MP5 selector can be modified to fit the expanded opening in the trigger housing, for those of us that will be switching back and forth from the Navy lower to SEF lower.

Thanks again C:-) 

Thank you sideshow99! That was some interesting reading. The only thing I didn't see mentioned, was what size bit used to drill out the trigger housing (the part I wasn't to thrilled about). I guess once the trigger housing is drilled out, you can not re-use the original selector switch. That being said, I am hoping the newer MP5 selector can be modified to fit the expanded opening in the trigger housing, for those of us that will be switching back and forth from the Navy lower to SEF lower.

Thanks again C:-)

hmm.. good question, it was so long ago I don't remember. I think I just eyeballed it. I did follow cootercustoms initial thread (linked in that post) and built on it. The advantage of this mod is that you can screw up your SEF (airsoft) lower and not ruin your gun or be out a lot of money--heck even a new trigger pack is relatively cheap. I even bought 2 levers and SEF lowers to play around with. This is the best mod I've done to my GSG and highly recommend. It's fun to do and you will be rewarded with the best looking .22 at the range. Try it man, try it!

hmm.. good question, it was so long ago I don't remember. I think I just eyeballed it. I did follow cootercustoms initial thread (linked in that post) and built on it. The advantage of this mod is that you can screw up your SEF (airsoft) lower and not ruin your gun or be out a lot of money--heck even a new trigger pack is relatively cheap. I even bought 2 levers and SEF lowers to play around with. This is the best mod I've done to my GSG and highly recommend. It's fun to do and you will be rewarded with the best looking .22 at the range. Try it man, try it!

No doubt I am anxious to get into this mod. I am going to get a Navy and SEF lower even though I like the grip of the SEF better. If I have any questions I let you know. I have to buy a few things, like a dremel first.

Thanks again, and I'll keep you informed.