Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Beretta Issues Recall Notice For NEOS Pistols

imschur

Beretta  U.S.A. Corp. has discovered a potential condition with Beretta .22 caliber NEOS  semiautomatic pistols in which the pistol will fire even if the safety is  activated and, in some cases, the pistols may fire if the safety is moved from  the OFF to the ON position. Chances of either of these situations occurring is  extremely remote and no injuries have occurred because of this condition,  however, because of safety concerns relating to this situation, Beretta U.S.A.  Corp. is immediately implementing a recall of Beretta .22 caliber NEOS  semiautomatic pistols.

If you have a Beretta NEOS pistol, please send it  to our Accokeek Maryland Service Center for repair. Instructions on how to send  your Neos to Beretta is available at www.berettasupport.com/neos or  by calling 1-800-BERETTA. Note: Some pistols are not subject to recall. Please  visit www.berettasupport.com/neos to see  if your NEOS has already been repaired.

Your pistol will be retrofitted,  at no cost to you, with a replacement firing pin assembly. The new firing pin  assembly can be identified either by a circle on the back of the firing pin that  includes a red dot in the center, or by a vertical line (either version is  suitable for your continued use) as seen in these illustrations:

Please  make sure that your Beretta NEOS pistol is unloaded before delivery to the  service center. Do not experiment with your Neos pistol to see if it has the  potential safety issue. Some NEOS pistols have already been repaired. If the  firing pin for your NEOS looks like Version 1 or 2 above, you do not need to  return it for retrofit. Please visit berettasupport.com/neos to see  if your NEOS has already been repaired.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up " Mine is on the recall list" sounds like I get a new firing pin hell yeah this one has got a lot of miles on it. My dad bought me this gun and one for himself I am still waiting to hear back from him on weather his will be going back but most likley it will we ordered them at the same time and it has been a few years back.

BTW recall or not this is one awesome LIL gun and just as accurate as the day is long.