Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Can you use a Walther sp22 in a p22??

17nut

I assume you're referring to the magazines. Walther lists (2) different model numbers for the P22 and SP22 magazines as well as the magazines are printed with only one pistol model # on their side, so, I'd say no.

Yes I meant magazines Sorry.  Thanks for the info.

They both look so close though

I brought a P22 magazine from home and checked it against a SP22 magazine here at work and the magazine tube is the same between the two but the base cap is different because the P22 has a thumb release and the SP22 has a heal release. The P22 magazine would not work in the SP22. I don't know about visa versa.

I brought a P22 magazine from home and checked it against a SP22 magazine here at work and the magazine tube is the same between the two but the base cap is different because the P22 has a thumb release and the SP22 has a heal release. The P22 magazine would not work in the SP22. I don't know about visa versa.

Thanks I checked again last night and the base is the only difference I see.  It fit in my p22 but didnt release as easy as the p22 mag.  Maybe I can trade it somewhere for a p22 mag