Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Hammer Strut mod

ScaryWoody, thanks for the help, your talk about the spring got me thinking.  It turns out that I had the wrong spring behind the plate it was a shorter one, that was not applying enough presser. So i switched them around and it works great, heading to the range this weekend for some live fire. :grin: thanks again

• 5 years later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great info here I've done all these mods as well as the mag mods both for feeding and capacity the most effective mod so far was trimming the firing pin return spring 4 or 5 coils or until the striking portion of the firing pin recedes into the bolt flush and not so deeply recessed that it's almost not visible. It's a shame that Killi left I am very curios as to what he/she ment by the safety plate having an additional use that can't be discussed here... Ş

/>/>>>>>>>

Hi can anyone tell me if the rebound spring mentioned here should be removed after grinding down the first notch "rebound notch"  on the hammer? I performed the mod but left all springs in and it works fine. If so which spring was referred to as the rebound spring on the parts list? 

thanks!