Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

522 SD different models

Dirtweazle

Because my salesman was not answering his phone on Friday I will not be ale to order my 522 till Monday.. ArrrrrGGGggggg!!!!

Question is on model numbers:

522SDB and 522SDLB

There is about $50~100 difference in price. I know the L is considered the Light Weight for kids and Women (hehe). But I have not found out what the difference really is.. Is there a 1lb fishing lure in the receiver? Did they make the L paper thin? The barrel is so light it bends under its own weight? Is there a reason not to buy an L and save said money for (bling)upgrades?

• 1 month later...

I have now found the answer to this perplexing question.. I finally got my SDLB yesterday. I never did find the answer to this question until I picked it up. And I am not happy at all. Get this the receiver is PLASTIC!!!!!!  I think its just a bit harder than the lower. I don’t think its the same materiel. The cocking tube and the breech housing are the only metal in this thing.. Hell the JG MP5 airsoft has more metal.. If I don’t like how it handles then the kid gets this instead of the 10/22.. Plastic!!!! grrrrrr this is why I don’t have a Gloc!!!!!

• 2 months later...