Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Thanks True Shot Technologies!!!

Back when I bought my M&P15/22, the plain muzzle version was prevalent. In fact, I didn't even know that S&W had just started offering a flash hider equipped rifle until after the purchase.

As a long time AR fan, the little M&P quickly won my approval on fun factor alone, even though the lack of a flash hider always bothered me. To my way of thinking, this was only a cosmetic fault but I always wished I had waited just a while longer before buying the rifle. That said, I really didn't want to bother with sending the rifle out to have the barrel threaded...

Fast forward to last Friday. The True Shot Technologies web page appeared on my screen after clicking a link on another forum. Low and behold, owner Damon Oswald offers a nice looking slip-on flash hider that is custom made for the 15/22's .670" barrel. For the very reasonable sum of $20 shipped, I ordered the part. In blazing fashion, the package arrived today (Monday). To my delight, the flash hider is a very nicely made part that fits the barrel perfectly. The instructions are clear and complete. Damon even included the Loctite needed for the installation. The only thing I deviated from on the instrucions on was grinding the three set screw heads flush and rebluing the slip over band of the hider and the screws for a more finished look.

The rifle looks great now (almost as good as a threaded installation). I am a happy camper. :)

Link to True Shot Technologies M&P15/22 page (Note the front sight Damon makes. :cool: Makes me want to cut the rail on my rifle to carbine length and add a "real" AR front sight!)

TRUE SHOT TECHNOLOGIES SMITH WESSON 1522

post-933-144124376471_thumb.jpg

post-933-144124376475_thumb.jpg