Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

CMMG upper on New Frontier polymer lower

My CMMG Sierra .22 upper has always runs like a top. Been a blast and very reliable. I now have the upper on a New Frontier polymer lower and its 7oz lighter than the 7075 T6 aluminum lower I was using. I am impressed with it and its a great lightweight setup for a .22 AR. I paid $99 shipped and $15 TF fee for a complete lower, Trigger group, tube and stock included. That's hard to beat. I doubt I would use one on one of my .223 AR's but for the .22 build its a nice fit. The Primary Arms red dot also is perfect match for a .22 AR and this on shown has performed well on this rifle. I had it out today for a quick run of 150 CCI Mini Mags. Used several Black Dog and a S&W M&P 22 mag which also did great. I found the S&W mag inserted and locked in fine but had some front to back slop so I just stuck a small 1/2" square of strong adhesive backed Velcro (loop side) to the top of the back rib of the mag and it now snugs it up nice and tight in the mag well. It feed great and they are much easier to load that the Black Dog mags also.

[img width=800 height=345]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/jimcope/AR15/IMG_04942-2.jpg