Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Want the "long" R.I.S.

wobblinwheel

Does anybody have the longer (M16 or "s.p.r.") Colt/Umarex "R.I.S." rail interface system, in other words, quad rail foregrip, that you want to get rid of? I've got the shorter carbine version to accomodate the sight, but I want to remove the sight and have the rails extend to the back end of the "compensator" that I have on there. The Umarex one should screw right onto the threaded barrel nut I already have. I have some good stuff to trade for one, or will pay a reasonable price, if not too "spensive". Don't need barrel nut or rail covers that it comes with.

It comes with a new nut, the Troy rail does not thread on - slips on, twist it & then tighten two screws to lock it down. You can view pics of my install HERE. The Colt's OEM nut has two flats & comes off with a big adjustable wrench, I had a nut socket that fit the Troy's nut, but you can also use a standard AR15 armorer's wrench to tighten it.

TM

I found one online from "Woodbury Outfitters". It is the original Colt/umarex part #2245113 for $103.99. This one should screw directly onto my existing barrel nut. The one I have on there is the Umarex one that is "carbine length". This one should be the same, except longer. This one also goes over the "compensator" with plenty of clearance. I just didn't really want to spend this much money on it, but comparatively speaking, I guess it's not such a bad deal. I would surely like the idea of a "quick-change" setup!