Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Anyone using a Badger Ordnance tactical latch?

theamazingxan

Hey all, new gal to this forum.  I have a Colt/Walther M4 Ops and was wondering if the Badger Ordnance tactical latch will fit on the stock charging handle?  I asked a tech at Brownell's, and he said no, but I just wanted to see if anyone has actually tried it and if it required any extra machining, or is this mod totally out of the question?  Thanks!

Hi and welcome to Tac.22! I can't speak to that specific latch, but most AR parts won't quite fit on the Colt .22. That being said, I put a generic extended/tactical latch on mine a few years ago, it required a little fitting but was well worth the effort as I run my Colt .22 with a scope and the extended latch is a must. You can see it HERE.

Yeah, I guess Midway changed their catalog pages since then. Looking at the Badger Ordnance latch, it appears to be the same or very close to the one I used. A little file work, enlarge the hole, and some touch up bluing and you should be good. Let us know how that works out for you, pictures are always welcome.

• 2 weeks later...