Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

new parts

fishnstash

hey guy's i called sig & spoke to a customer service person,explained i had bought a new sig 522 & asked  about "warranty replacement parts" she took my info and serial # of my 522 and said 7-10 days it took 7 but Sig sent me a new guide rod, buffer ,buffer spring, 2 e-clips,and 1 retaining washer, pretty cool i put them in yesterday the spring seems a bit stronger and the rod has no taper at either end and the e-clips lock nice and tight,the buffer appears to have a deeper cut on the back side for the retaining clip,after install the action feels a bit quicker and crisp. I might get time to go to the range today and give a shooting report.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guy,s just a little update. my son & I went to the local range and rented a sig 522 for him to shoot & I took mine,as usual i was shooting bulk federal, he was shooting cci (range ammo) in his rental, the rental did not like the bulk federal, after about 400 rounds the rental puked ! after returning it to the range shop, i explained about the new parts so we broke it down and found a broken c-clip and a ruined spring. so far i have 1000-1200 rounds on the new parts and still having fun.