Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Keltec' SU-22

Hoss

Keltec's new .22; saw a review on utube and it looked pretty good:

b_a9b52fd22ab8b270f0287b5f69b8195eSU22_2657.jpg

SU-22                                       

The SU-22 rifle is chambered for the popular and  economical .22 Long Rifle cartridge (.22LR).  It is based on the 5.56mm  NATO chambered SU-16 rifle and shares many parts including the grip and  front and rear sights.  The SU-22 is not a simple conversion kit, it is a  standalone firearm chambered for the .22LR and is designed for target  shooting, plinking, or small game hunting.  The PLR-22 and SU-22 operate  by blowback action and have a 4140 steel bolt that rides on steel guide  rails inside the polymer receiver.  The ejector is attached to one of  the guide rails and the recoil spring is located above the barrel.  The  cross-bolt safety and magazine release operate identically to the PLR-16  and SU-16.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS                      [table]    [tr]  [td]Calibers:[/td]  [td].22LR[/td]  [/tr]  [tr]  [td]Weight unloaded:[/td]  [td]4.0 lbs[/td]  [/tr]  [tr]  [td]Length Open:[/td]  [td]34"[/td]  [/tr]  [tr]  [td]Barrel length:[/td]  [td]16.1"[/td]  [/tr]  [tr]  [td]Twist:[/td]  [td]1:16"[/td]  [/tr]  [tr]  [td]Magazine Capacity:[/td]  [td]26 rounds or Atchison M-16[/td]  [/tr]    [/table]                                   

The PLR-22 and SU-22 will accept many of the same  accessories as the PLR-16 and SU-16 including the slings, stocks, and  compact forend.  The rear sight is adjustable for windage and the front  sight is adjustable for elevation.  An integrated picatinny rail on top  will accept a multitude of sighting options.  The muzzle end of the  barrel is threaded ½"-28 to accept standard attachments such as a muzzle  brake.  A 26 round semi-transparent magazine is included and it will  accept magazines designed for the Atchison M-16 conversion.

[table][tr]  [td]Description[/td] [td]MSRP[/td]  [/tr]  [tr]  [td][/td][td] [/td]  [/tr]  [tr]  [td]SU-22[/td]  [td]$ 440.00[/td][/tr][/table]

I had no idea it had been around that long. 

What happened was that I was looking around for something for the better half to shoot that would be practical, you know, low recoil, noise, etc, but still useful.  I'd seen the Hi Point carbine in the past, and thought it was one ugly sucker, and cheap looking, as opposed to inexpensive, to boot.  Well, at some point they put a new stock on it, and they're calling the TS carbine now.  It looked pretty good, so I picked one up.  Well, that thing is great.  Accurate, reliable and just a blast to shoot.  So I looked at what Kel Tec had and came across the SU 22, saw a vid on youtube (where it performed just dandy), and figured it had to be a new model.