Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

GSG buffer

I ordered the "budget" buffers from rrages this weekend and I am waiting on their arrival.  Does anyone have anything to say about these?  Weaknesses or strenths?  I figured since I dont fire extended strings of fire these should suffice.  They will be going into my Gen2 GSG.  Thanks.

I ordered the "budget" buffers from rrages this weekend and I am waiting on their arrival.  Does anyone have anything to say about these?  Weaknesses or strenths?  I figured since I dont fire extended strings of fire these should suffice.  They will be going into my Gen2 GSG.  Thanks.

I have the Rrages.com Gen II Delrin buffer in my SD and it definitely works well ... takes a lot of the forward impact of the charging handle/bolt carrier slamming home. I'm not sure I'd be good with the loose piece of neoprene floating around up there though ... the Delrin buffer actually presses into the front of the charging handle assy. so it's permanently attached; not loose.  :confused:

I also have the buffer from rrages. This is just one of the areas where the manufacturer forgot a mandatory piece. If you look at the Armorer's manual of H&K MP5 you can see the buffer is built in the cocking tube.

Another thing that I found amazing when I looked at the Armorers manual is the fact that a MP5 has a total of three screws; versus 15 + for the GSG-5.

I've been around guns 29 years I don't recall ever seeing a firearm with this many screws.

Have you? 

By the way the buffer works great- Got around 800 rounds through mine no problem and no wear.