Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

GSG-5P THREAD ADAPTER

Check it out at Brownells

Steel adapter screws into the front sight tower to enable installation of a wide range of popular muzzle accessories on your GSG-5 .22 LR pistol. Standard ½"-28 tpi male threads accept an AR-15 type muzzle brake or flash hide, while three, integral lugs accept H&K-type, twist-on sound suppressors. Included thread cap protects threads when a hider or brake is not installed.

• 3 weeks later...

Having a carbine with 16" barrel none of the adapters will mount, so I made my own.  I turned a section of 4130 steel tube down to .625" (16mm nominal), then threaded to match the FSB - 1mm.  I made it long enough so when screwed in it extends out and around the barrel, with an aluminum locking ring.  Inside diameter was turned to a zero tolerance fit .475" so when inserted it holds the barrel with zero axial movement.

The purpose is because I can now use this as a mount for alternative barrel shroud configurations.

I got one of the adapters from Brownells that says right on the package it is for the GSG-5P.

My problem is that it only screws on about halfway and then I get so much resistence that I am afraid to try to go any further. I even tried wetting the threads wth Breakfree, but still have the same result.

I know I could force it further but I am afraid of cross threading or damamging the threads.

I have tried my original flash hider and it still screws right in, so I figure the threads are okay so far.

Any suggestions, or has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks,

louielouie

p.s. Is their anyone out there who could take a piece of M1 Carbine barrel and thread the outside so it would screw directly into the FSB on the GSG-5p?

I don't have it yet but I know it is demilled with the muzzle end intact and the barrel cut about 9 inches behind that.

I got one of the adapters from Brownells that says right on the package it is for the GSG-5P.

My problem is that it only screws on about halfway and then I get so much resistence that I am afraid to try to go any further. I even tried wetting the threads wth Breakfree, but still have the same result.

I know I could force it further but I am afraid of cross threading or damamging the threads.

I have tried my original flash hider and it still screws right in, so I figure the threads are okay so far.

Any suggestions, or has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks,

louielouie

p.s. Is their anyone out there who could take a piece of M1 Carbine barrel and thread the outside so it would screw directly into the FSB on the GSG-5p?

I don't have it yet but I know it is demilled with the muzzle end intact and the barrel cut about 9 inches behind that.

This is not good. Maybe that is why it's thirty dollars cheaper than anywhere else.

Anyone else having this problem with Brownells 3 lug?

I would return it; don't risk damaging the threads. If you can get your money back, spend the extra $30 and get one from Gem Tech.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of times threads are cut with a decreasing radius so that whatever is screwed in will in fact tighten up.  One thing you can do is drop a little oil on the threads and screw it in and out several times as this will tend to "chase" the existing aluminum threads in the front sight base.

Another thing, depending on how long is the threaded section on the adapter, consider shortening it - cutting some off, until it threads down to the stop.

Bear in mind that alignment is not actually created by the thread interface but by the small ledge mating surface between the FSB and adapter so if you shorten the thread column enough to get down to that then the adapter will be aligned as precisely as was cut the "seat".