Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Loose rail

I tried the MK22 at 50 yards to accuracy test some different ammos, and I was dissapointed.  It was windy and really cold so I chalked it up to conditions.  I had some FTF with Remington gold bullet stuff,so I pulled the gun apart to clean it good, and in the midst of doing that found out that almost all of the screws holding the top pic rail on were loose.  The rail on top is three pcs. with 2 screws each, and I bet 4 of the 6 weren't even snug.  I would replace them and loc-tite them if I knew what the specs were to order (and where to get them) more screws.  Oddly the side rails seem fine.

CHAZ

• 3 months later...

Again a word of advice:

Loctiting your screws on the toprail isn't a problem.

But don't use loctite on the siderails or on the lowerrail.

The rail covers-up some torquescrews that you need when you want your rifle to have a full maintenance job.

I know that the ISSC leaflet says that you only need to clean with only the lower disassembled from the gun.

Don't know who they gave the job of writing that little book, but that "It's amazing, Jim-story" is off course a bit bold to say the least.

I took mine apart except for the firingpin assembly for cleaning. It was dirty after a 1000 rounds.