Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Pete's or Peter's .22 Ammo

asmurff

I was in Sportsman's Warehouse today and looking at the .22lr. They had a brand it was Pete's or Peter's in .22lr high velocity 40gr lead round nose. I tried searching for it on Google when I got home. All I could find was about Peters Cartridge which is out of business in 1944 but may have been purchased by Remington but again very little info. Checked Remington's ammunition site nada. My interest is peaked if for no other reason than the  Peters Cartridge company was very near where I spent my teen years in Kings Mills, OH.

• 1 month later...

smurf,

I have a brick or two of Peter's 'Flying Duck' 22lr that I bought in the late 70's/early 80's.

Peters was just another branch of Remington Arms.  They opened the Peter's plant to be

able to ship twice the ammo to civilians during the war years. (at least that's the story I've

been told.) 

Mick

• 3 weeks later...

I shot about 300rd's of it last saturday out of my wife's P22 and a 702 Plinkster and had about 3 duds. I bought it cause the box caught my attention and it said it had a special coating. I'm gonna try it on my 522 tomorrow and see how it does. At 20yards it seemed accurate, even at 50yards I could hit pieces of skeet clays with the Plinkster.

Check out this review also.

http://www.bersachat.com/forums/showthread.php/7193-PETERS-.22-ammo

I remember Peters ammo back in the sixties and seventies. As was mentioned it was a Remington brand. I don't recall whether it was a premium brand. I want to say that it was.

If I recall, their advertisements would show ammo crates with the Peters name on them. Do they make the brand now?