Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

What .22 Pistol to get for suppressed use.

imschur

I had an Outback II suppressor on a Walther P22 and it worked great. The P22 was reliable with subsonics, the barrel came threaded, all I had to do is attach a 1/2-28 adapter which is readily available.

Beware, some states, like Calif, require the barrel nut to be glued on in which adapting this pistol will be difficult.

The pistol was very quiet and reasonably accurate, but alas, I fell out of fond with the P22 because of it's Zamak construction and cheap sights, although the pistol never gave one minute of grief. Just becoming snobbish in my old age I guess.

The Mosquito is available with threaded barrel from the factory so one less connection to fuss with. A friend has a Mosquito and it's OK, I guess.

My preference of the three you've listed would be the Ruger with a Clark threaded upper. Nice!!!

Or a Clark threaded barrel and soft recoil spring for your S&W mod 41...super nice!!!!

post-17-14412437286_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

1911 with threaded Marvel .22LR conversion, this thing is a tac driver. At 30yards I could hit a 3" steel plate about half the time. I would say I'm an average shooter. Here's a video of my friends with Tac Innocations Cascade and my first time shooting it.