Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

HK416 picture thread

Doesnt look like any one really reads this page too much but I thought I would share my project with the world. Its a Neptune Spear Raid clone. Almost finished, still need the magnifier and flashlight but other then that shes pretty damn sexy as is!

This is a pic of one of the HKs used in the actual raid and mine above it. Cheers  :beer:

post-1676-144124387899_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

RR,

You wouldn't believe the hoops we have to jump through to get a rifle barrel that short here in the US.

Mininum barrel length allowed is 16" without a federal tax stamp which entails forming an irrevocable trust and months of wait.

16" or longer, just go to the gun shop and buy it w/ a simply background check and maybe a three day wait, depending on where you live. Easy.

I'm envious.

Microgunner....

You would not believe the grief we have to go through here  to get a firearm in the UK!! >:(

Don't forget we are only trusted with rifles in .22 rimfire!!we are not allowed to play with ANY centre-fire semi auto or pumps!!

ALL Centre-fire rifles allowed here in jolly old England must be bolt action or straight pull!!

NO centre fire revolver under 24ins!! Yep 24ins!!

Semi auto .22 pistols allowed BUT again min 24ins!!

You have to prove that you have shot each firearm on your FAC at least 3 times in a year to warrant possession!!

RR

Ho MG

I couldn't agree more  BUT... don't give an inch!!

We listened to `our NRA`  after the tragedy at Dunblane (Which BTW is in friggin Scotand NOT the UK)!! telling us to keep a low profile and that it would blow over!! Yeah right we did and BANG  within 2yrs they had Banned all handguns in the UK!!

I feel totally gutted, I cant describe how I felt the day of my `hand in ' almost made to feel like a criminal!! Broke my heart seeing them toss my beloved .45 Wilson Combat Master, IPSC .40S&W Tanfoglio , fully tricked .357 s&w 686, .38 Colt Diamondback, And My .30 Mauser Broomhandle that I`d saved years for into a box!!

Walking out of that Police Station I was virtually in tears!

So please my friend.... DONT GIVE AN INCH, we did!!

RR

Ho MG

One day, just one day those who know better than us (Goverments) will finally realise a firearm cant hurt anybody!! its the Nut on the Butt!!

In BOTH cases in the UK(Hungerford and Dunblane) it was appalling failure on the  C:-) part that allowed BOTH those mentally unstable idiots to cause the havoc they did!! and unfortunately it was us law abiding shooters that paid the price!! >:(

I`m just glad I had the years I did shooting IPSC and Police Pistol, our young n's will never know that satisfaction.

Rant off!!

RR

• 6 months later...