Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Will Triangle Handguards Fit on UMarex/Colt?

Micah

Thanks for the welcome.  I am a gun guy, but do not have an AR, though it's something I've toyed with for decades.  When I was in high school I really wanted the Jager AP 74 - .22 clone of the Colt SP 1 . .  I still like them, but I think the Colt Tactical is a better firearm. (Umarex made a nice Walther P22 that I own.)  That's probably why I would like to get the Colt tactical M16 rifle, though they seem to be a whole lot more difficult to find than the M4 carbine. . .  I have not ruled out an actual AR, but I'm in the stage of life where my net income is not reconciling with my gross habits. . . so as I think about it, the Colt Tactical seems like my best course.  But I'd really like to put triangle handguards on one. 

You can buy a CMMG AR-15 in .22lr that uses a standard AR-15 lower and can be converted to center fire by buying a new upper at a later date.

This rifle is about the same price as the Colt/Walther/Umarex but is so much better built IMO.

It has a real all steel barrel w/WASP coating and a real AR-15 trigger group.

It also accepts all standard AR-15 stocks and accessories.

Give it a look before you buy.

That's a good thought.  I had looked at a couple complete lowers at a recent gun show and thought about a .22 upper, but wasn't sure what I thought of the Chiappa . . .but had that thought, that I could get a 223 upper, and even looked at some surplus AR15A1, or M16 A1 styles . . . which are a lot harder to find now then they used to be.

But I like having a base I can build a rimfire on or a .223. . . Still thinking it all through as to my best options. There is some comfort in having an actual .223 AR if things ever fall apart and get real squirrelly (which I pray never will) . . and they are fun to shoot too at the range for sport.