Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Glock 26 - how to remove magazine base plate.

George Wood

I just purchased a Glock 26 and would like to put a plus 2 base plate on the magazine not for the rounds but for a place to put my pinkie finger. Even after reading the instructions in both the Glock manual and the new base plate box I am totally unable to budge the base plate. Can anyone tell me what the trick is? I really am frustrated.  :-[

They're kind of a bitch to get off.

On the rails on the bottom of the magazine tube there are two small bosses, one on each side, that lock into two notches in the base plate. They are hard to see with the base plate installed.

I've always used a jeweler's flathead screwdriver to gently pry the base plate over these bosses while pushing the base plate forward, this of course after depressing the floor plate button.

This takes three hands and patience.

The replacement base plate will just snap right on.

Gaston Glock definitely didn't want his mags falling apart.

I ended up switching to G19 mags and the sleeve for larger use. Works the treat and zero issues with feeds or tilt.

Although I still have my standard pair of g26 mags with finger tips for ultra c carry.

I just built an airsoft blue gun trainer as well that matches identical.

Now if I could just get a 22 version haha