Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Sig 522 trigger mod

tony806

I saw on the web to take a AR15 hammer spring cut it in 1/2 a few bends and it will replace the stock trigger spring for a better pull,Well the AR 15 springs are cheap 1.50 at brownells ,but 9 bucks shipping .So I was looking around and got a victors rat trap otta the garage cut that spring in half and put it in ,will try her out next week at the range ,it really reduced the pull weight ,but still not alotta feel to that trigger before it breaks .

Ok picture 1 is a victor rat trap with the stock sig trigger spring in the middle ,note you will need to take apart the rat trap and cut the main snap spring in 1/2 .It was the plastic rat trap sold at depo in a twin pack .

1 of the spring halves is very similar you will need to trim and a few small bends ,its not a drop in fit.

post-481-144124379683_thumb.jpg

Okiee ,I guess the real step 1 is getting your sig apart to match up the springs. 1st as always check to see if its un-loaded ,then push out the 2 push pins ,seperate the lower from upper ,now you will need to drift out a small roll pin on the safety selector .Then push pin out from left to right .note the spring that rides in the safety detents this comes up in the next step

post-481-144124379685_thumb.jpg

Now you will have pushed out the shaft that the safety selector is attached to ,that spring on the inside right that rode in the safety detents will now be able to be pushed downwards,this un-locks the trigger pin ,it is a grooved pin spring rides in groove ,dont try and beat that pin out it will almost fall out when that spring is out of the groove.

post-481-144124379688_thumb.jpg

Now ya gotta put it all back and some fat asshole told you to take it apart and you listened to him ???The only hard part was not knowing you had to depress a spring loaded lever on the trigger,sorry I don't know what its called ,to get it back in the housing .Yep depress that little thing and it goes in without a fight .

post-481-144124379698_thumb.jpg

So now trigger is in housing ,then side pin back in ,raise that spring to engage the groove ,you will now need to wiggle that safety pin in ,remember trigger spring goes under ,then you will need to slighty pry up on the detent spring on the other side to get the pin tru ,once pin is tru put selector back onthen re-insert roll pin ..hopefully you put your new trigger spring on before you did all this.

Hope this helps .How long will it last? its not the same quality of spring that came from Sig .Is it more better? hell yea that stock spring SUCKS .

And 1 thing I try and work over an open drawer on my work table if anything falls or drops it will usually catch it for me .In this trigger mod I had no springs or parts that wanted to pop or fly across the room ,its fairly simple to do ,I took my apart by trial and error, only error was not knowing trigger pin was grooved and that took a few minutes to get out.