Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Magpul ASAP AEG installation

From what I have been able to glean from other conversations, the Magpul ASAP AEG will fit correctly to the Colt M4 Ops .22lr.  However, I am not sure about how to install.  My first inclination is the spin the stock nut ring, but further research suggsted that the ring isn't holding the stock.  Instead, there is a bolt somewhere that is hold the stock on?  But, I still want to install the ASAP under the stock ring, so, here's the question:  where is the bolt holding the stock on and which stock wrench will remove the stock ring?

I have found the ASAP as well as a Single/Double sling on eBay but I don't want to purchase until I know that I can get it mounted.

the aeg asap will fit! i have tried all sling mounts made for airsoft and they all fit.  to remove the buffer unscrew the cap on the back of tube and use a long allen key to remove the bolt holding it onto the receiver. no need to remove the nut on the buffer tube like a real ar15, it's their to be decorative lol.

What holds the sling mount in place?  It looks like the buffer tube collar would hold the sling mount tight to the stock...I guess I'll have to wait for the mount to arrive to understand.  Thanks for the information.  The bird dog boys have been using the range for trials both last weekend and this.  I hope to get out to shoot soon.  I love the look and feel of this gun and have also ordered the rail risers for my weaver mount scope.  I'll get some pictures when I get my mods added.

Hey, thanx for the pics.  What I don't see is the buffer tube collar nut, so I presume it comes off with the tube, which will serve my purposes.  I think that my sling and mount should arrive this week.  I'll post some pics when I complete the build.

Update:  I received all my parts today (actually, over the last three days but I was away from work where they were delivered) and it looks like an easy install for the single point sling as well as my old scope from my Mosin Nagant.  I'll be working on my piece tonight and should have a few pictures soon.

I successfully installed the ASAP last night.  Piece of cake after seeing your pictures on here.  The screw was really tight and I had to put a channel locks on it to get it moving.  Slow steady pressure and it came out fine.  I did not get my scope mounted because a conflicts in rail size to the mount rings.  Still working on that, but the sling works great.  I will need to get a forward sling ring for the hand guard because I don't think it's good the attached the sling to the front sight/sling ring and put that stress on the barrel.  I know, it's just me, but I don't think that pulling on the barrel can ever be a good thing, so I'm gonna switch it to a rail mounted sling attachment.