Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

25 round magazine mod

OK, I dont know how safe this is, but I thought I would share with you a "tip" from another forum.

Here is a simple mod that brings the little GSG up to an easy 25 rds that will lock in with a closed bolt. The left mag is unaltered and the right shows the mod as a follower reshape and a mag slide slot lengthening. Thats it.

a9r9cx.jpg

• 2 years later...

I also noticed sometimes the mag slide gets caught up on the spring as well causing you to lose one or two rounds, because the spring doesn't retract properly. You could eliminate this by shaving the two corners of the mag slide where the spring goes in making it sharper and rounder. this usually happens when you have to pull the spring making it strong enough to load the last couple of rounds.

just thought i should throw this out there if anyone's having this problem too.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

You can take the spring all the way down to its fully collapsed height and it should work just fine.  People tend to think that the duration of compression is what leads to spring weakness but this is not so.  CYCLES is what fatigues a spring.  You can leave a GSG mag FULLY loaded for 20 years and it will function just fine.