Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Help With GSG-522 Trigger!

Hey guys. I recently did some mods (hammer strut, firing pin safety, etc.) to my GSG-522 and am now working with the trigger. I am in the process of welding that plate for the trigger pull and was wondering if the trigger is suppose to have slack going forward? It shouldnt move forward at all right? Just the pull and the return from the spring right? Hopefully you guys can help me out. Thanks Jon

• 2 months later...

Hey guys. I recently did some mods (hammer strut, firing pin safety, etc.) to my GSG-522 and am now working with the trigger. I am in the process of welding that plate for the trigger pull and was wondering if the trigger is suppose to have slack going forward? It shouldnt move forward at all right? Just the pull and the return from the spring right? Hopefully you guys can help me out. Thanks Jon

The apparent forward travel of the GSG trigger is due to the firing pin disconnection plate on the left side.  IF you have removed the firing pin lock located in the bolt proper, you don't "need" this "pre-travel" which is why you can modifiy the trigger group to essentially locate the trigger further back as its "starting" location...which of course means the overall trigger travel is reduced.  You will WANT a certain amount of "slack" in the system but if you'be done the hammer strut mod, and the trigger travel mod you should end up with a VERY "short throw" trigger that feels super crisp.