Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Timney Trigger Installation

I'm not a gunsmith but I have stayed at Holiday Inns!

I installed my Timney Trigger in the 10/22 today. The attached pdf file is their installation sheet, and it's well written, which is far better than many companies manuals which appear to be entries in "Can You Write Better than a 5th Grader".

It comes as one sheet front and back and if you can make a copy of one side so you can lay them side by side, it helps.

I strongly suggest you read them all the way through before starting because the steps build nicely on each other.

Tools you need: a punch, a thin flat bladed screwdriver, maybe a small hammer if any of the pins are tight, a vise, good light source and a hand frees magnifier and the allen wrench they supply.

When you remove the last pin of E or F in Step#6 parts are going to go flying so protect your eyes, the good part is none of these parts needs to go back in, so if you can't find it who cares.

The only steps likely to give you trouble are #11 because it is hard to tell when the Allen wrench has secured a good bite. Step #12 be sure to read the last sentence first, the vice is the very essential third hand, make sure you have vise jaw insert of wood or better yet Wilton magnetic one it has a depression prefect for the safety button to sit inside.

If anyone has questions I'll try to answer them.

949_0a47d28f9065115da2563646792a5cc721c7d073.pdf