Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

226 22 Classic impressions

Hello everyone. My first day. My new 226 22 Classic has been disappointing. The frame is typical SIG quality (being a standard centerfire frame) but the American made slide doesn't live up to SIG standards IMO. The slide's splotchy, modeled finish is noticeably different from the frame and looks like an add on. The magazines are hard to load, lacking a folower button. Reliability was dicey until I lapped the slide which has made a major improvement. And only one mag in the box???? At these prices you'd think they could provide two. A la cart pricing. It's starting to grow on me now but I don't feel like I got a bargain. Hey, where's the "spell check" button?

Man thats a bummer. This has been on my wish list for a while. Are these just as expensive as their centerfire counterparts? Before purchasing yours had you seen or handled other ones. Im wondering if you got a lemon or this is the standard with these.

Do you have any pictures to share?

Thanks for joining and posting.

Man thats a bummer. This has been on my wish list for a while. Are these just as expensive as their centerfire counterparts? Before purchasing yours had you seen or handled other ones. Im wondering if you got a lemon or this is the standard with these.

Do you have any pictures to share?

Thanks for joining and posting.

I'm a FFL dealer and ordered the pistol sight unseen. I've not seen any others to compare. Price was just over $400. As a comparison, I purchased a CZ 75 Kadet at about the same time. The CZ was about $100 more than the SIG but is a far better pistol in both reliability and accuracy. The CZ's finish is uniform and the mags are easy to load (it came with 2). I own a lot of .22's and this SIG falls short.