Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Went to the range today.

asmurff

I took the 10/22 to the range today and shot 250 rounds through it and have a couple of items to pass a long.

Again had some problems with the Butler Creek 25 round Hot Lip magazines. Last time I was out I had one that was not feeding well, when I got home I washed it throughly with warm soapy water, blew it out very well with the compressor and after it was dry, cleaned it again with rubbing alcohol. That one worked fine today. Two of the others gave me fits, what it appears is happening is they are sticking down around the 8-10 round from the top and it only happened with the Federal Bulk ammo, CCIs in the same magazine were fine.

Next time to see if I can figure out what the problem is 1. I'll throughly clean the all my magazines even though the aren't very dirty. 2. I'll hand load the magazines instead of using the Bulter Creek loader. 3. I'll load a magazine each of CCI Min-Mags, Stinger, Federal Bulk and Federal.

If anyone has any other idea throw at me!

I shot Stingers through it for the first time today and they did fine. So far I have shot Federal Bulk, CCI Mini-Mags, CCI Stinger, Remington Cyclone (didn't care for this one left the rifle very dirty.)

• 4 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.