Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

How do you clean your guns?

imschur

After each use I field strip, mop them with Hoppes # 9 and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Then run a brass brush for the caliber through the barrel 5-10 times, followed by patches until they come out clean. I also clean any other exposed areas with either nylon or brass brushes and wipe until clean. Then lube all moving areas with Gunslick Spray Lube let it sit a few minutes, then reassemble and then wipe off any excess lube.

I track how many rounds I put through each rifle and pistol and every 2000 rounds I do a complete strip and lube.

I've started buying only Gunslick products and will replace the Hoppes # 9 when this bottle is done. Not that I have any complaints about Hoppes, but I have a heart condition and Gun Slick makes less violatile products.

I use Break Free CLP exclusively, although I have used some WeaponShield CLP a bit as well.  I don't use any other chemicals.

For the bore, it's a Bore Snake only for me, I have one in every caliber I own.

I have been reading that many folks like the bore snake. Im thinking of trying one for the LR-308