Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

.308 Bolt Carrier Picture

imschur

Is there a decent supply of the Armalite BCG's in the pipeline? The DPMS/SR-25 type are finally easy to get and the price has come way down.

BTW you probably know but others reading this might not. The two carriers are interchangeable as long as you use the correct bolt to match the barrel extension.

We have a good supply of the Armalite BCG's right now ... but they are selling fast since the release of the MA-TEN combos.

I know, on paper, the the BCG's are interchangeable but I personally wouldn't swap them around ... if my barrel extension is DPMS or Armalite, I would just run the matching BCG w/ head-spaced bolt and call it good. To me, it's one less potential problem to consider if you have to troubleshoot the weapon for any reason. You and I both know that parts fitment and interchangeability can really bite you in the ass sometimes ... guns and gun parts can be a very "imperfect" world. I run into multiple fitment problems on so-called "compatible" parts everyday and always laugh when I read the manufacturers claims. :o

I agree 200%  :thumb: I wish one standard would emerge with these. Of coure I wish I could get a KAC for $1500.

additionally DPMS has enough quality lapses from time to time, no need to add to it.

When you finish your weapon I know a guy who has a site devoted to that big iron.

Have you heard any rumors about the new 7.62 magazine Magpul is working on?

I agree 200%  :thumb: I wish one standard would emerge with these. Of coure I wish I could get a KAC for $1500.

additionally DPMS has enough quality lapses from time to time, no need to add to it.

When you finish your weapon I know a guy who has a site devoted to that big iron.

Have you heard any rumors about the new 7.62 magazine Magpul is working on?

The lack of a "standard" for the 7.62/.308 platforms is the biggest downfall of them right now ... people are expecting the big guns to be like the 15; "every part fits everything fits everywhere". Unfortunately, that is not the case with the AR10/DPMS platforms yet. Time will tell if manufacturers figure it out and quit making their own special proprietary systems to insure their market-share!

What is this new Magpul .308 magazine you speak of??? I can't imagine they've figured out a way to get around the Armalite mag release problem unless they are using steel inserts molded into the polymer magazine bodies? Do tell ....  :confused: