Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

NEBO tac light

447MSGT

I have a Streamlight M3 with a xenon bulb and I've used it for duty for the last 7 or 8 years.  It has gotten dull and I wanted a brighter light.  I was looking for an LED upgrade bulb for the M3 when I ran across a different light for only $40 bucks.  It is called a NEBO 5569 PROTEC.  It boasts about being 190 lumens and it has a strobe function as well (been wanting a strobing light for a while).  Its gotta be better than my old dull M3, we"ll see< even if its not suitable for duty and I stick with my good ole M3, I'll throw it on to something else.  I'm a flashlight freak and my wife agrees.  Been that way after getting seriously taxed in a low light close quaters crisis resolution course  :o  you cant have enough lights around....batteries fail....halls are tighter in dark....and there are alot of things that go bump in the dark that are worse than the boogie man C:-)  I'll post up a review when it gets here.

Okay so the shipping of the light was pretty dog gone quick!!  The light takes 1 CR123 battery and is all metal.  The on/off switch slides from side to side.  Push it on for steady light and push it on, immediatly off and immediatley back on and this actuates the strobe function.  I had to file the insides of the rail mount to get it to slide freely on my pistol's rail.  I also had to dremmel the top corners of the rear off so that it would seat fully and lock into place securely.  Making the mods didnt bother me, I like a challenge and making mods on gun stuff is just fun.  The light is intensly bright and I think this is going to work well for street duty use.  My wife angrily expressed a great dislike for the strobing light, so I geuss that works well to.  And lastly it fit right onto my Streamlight M3 holder on my duty belt, so I wont have to go and find a new holder.

Pics to follow once i figure out why my Blackberry wont send them >:(