Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

ICS Lower replacement

Has anyone done this to their GSG?  I bought the ICS lower and I intend on upgrading my GSG5A5 once my ATF Tax Stamp is returned as approved (for SBR).  I also am waiting on my new GSG5SD and I would like to put one on it as well.  Just wondering if anyone has done this and if it is as easy as the video shows.  I think with patience, good tools and appropriate child care to run interference with my curious 14 month old I can get it done.

Will do....if all turns out good I'll post pics.

With the template on the ICS, place the trigger assembly inside and line it up like he did on the video. Once your sure your template is lined up with the serial number plate, mark it with an exact o knife. Remember it's better to be too shallow than too deep. You should be good to go. Good Luck.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did the ICS SEF lower conversion on my GSG-5 , just like on youtube...real easy to do just take your time when you cut out your serial # box on the side...It give a nicer look to it ...

But the time I don't like IS  the over swing of the fire/ safety lever..

I saw someone put little allen screw to prevent that from happening>>

But I'm looking for something just alittle cleaner??

if any input someone let me know.. ???

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I am sorry to necro but I have an important question.

Hello, I am new to this forum as well as a new owner of a GSG 522 SD.  I am thinking about modding it with the ICS lower but need to know if it is durable and can take the small kick from the .22.

Has anyone had any issues AFTER the mod?

I have played airsoft for about 6 years now and know the rifles well but there is no kick in an AEG so I need to be sure. 

Thanks for any help that can be given and again, I'm sorry about the necro but I need to know it this thing is going to explode in my face  :-)