Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

522 owners that have shot the 15-22

Jrod77

I've got both.  What are you wondering, in particular?

To me, the Sig feels like a real solid rifle while the S&W feels slightly "toyish", if that's a word.  Probably due to the weight, it's real light because of the plastic lower.  Still the S&W is an excellent shooter, and I have run a lot of rounds through mine with no issues (aside from the crappy golden bullet ammo not running well through it).

:grin:

I've shot most of the .22 rifles including the m&p and the sig...I own both of the sigs, the 522 and the mosquito. The sig rifle is in my opinion the best of the current .22 rifle offerings. It's solid as a rock, is metal, accurate, and functions on anything you feed it. The magazines are not proprietary, so you can get cheap aftermarket mags that will work. There are no fake levers or switches...everything functions including the bolt release. The fit and finish just blows away everything else hands down. The barrel is threaded in 1/2-28 so that its suppressor ready.

You can't go wrong with the sig. Once you get your hands on one, it makes all the others pale in comparison.

Most of the other .22s look, feel and function like toys remade to shoot .22....the sig looks and feels more like a .223, and has more of that real firearm aesthetic in my opinion.

If you are considering adding a sig to your collection, go fo it....you wont be disappointed.

got a good deal on another 15-22 so the sig goes to the bottom of the list for now on another note if any one finds any info on the maverick hs12 like a dealer that might have one and what the real street price of what one is and yes i know its not a sig 22 its just an update on my situation