Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Good value on 552 mags

Michigan Joe

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys new to this forum & new owner of a 522 classic. Took it out to the range the 2nd day I got it, using the magazine it came with, some BDM 10 round magazines (ordered from 44mag), and some 10 rounders made by CMMG for their AR conversion kit.

BDM magazines worked like a charm - I think I had 1 or 2 misfeeds, but possibly ammo related - shot CCI blazer bulk.

On the other hand, the CMMG magazines had NUMEROUS failure to feeds - something about the spring, or the angle of the round not quite making it up to the feed ramp.  On a visual inspection, I can hardly tell the difference in the spring tension or the angle between the BDM & CMMG mags, however for some reason both CMMG 10 rd mags I had both had the same issue.  After shooting CCI bulk, I popped in some CCI Mini Mag in to see if it was ammo related - and it wasn't.  Something about these CMMG mags guys that didn't function very well for me in my 522.  I bought them for the looks because I didn't think I'd like the look of BDM, but functionality definitely wins and those BDM mags look nice enough I'm buying some more.

Just a last thought - anyone have issues with the mag that came with their 522 being too tight for the magwell?  I've seen this problem pop up on a couple other posts before I bought the gun and it definitely held true with mine.

• 1 year later...