Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Shooting my new sig 522 now

Michigan Joe

I thought I would give an on the spot report of my new sig via my iPhone. I am out back of my house here in Michigan, near Ann Arbor. It is about 4o degrees.

Shooting federal lightnings from Walmart which are about $15.50 got 500 out the door.

So far I have shot about 100 rounds. Had one ftf. You could see where the firing pin hit, but shell did not go off.

This gun is great!  It feels tight and smooth. Took about ten shoots or so to get the red dot sight sighted in, and the gun feels good and solid and seems to hit where pointed. Just shooting at metal targets, so cannot give any more detail than that. Basically, there should be a law that says everyone should have to get one of these.

Well, back to shooting.

• 3 weeks later...

The magazines are difficult and clumsly to load.

I have just learned from Black Dog Machine who make the magazines for the Sig 522 that they now offer a polymer magazine with a pull down button assist.

At this time they are available from "Cheaper Than Dirt".

Don't know the price.

Ciprianski