Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Second time out with Sig 522

Michigan Joe

Went out back today and ran 500 rounds through Sig. With Federals and CCI Blazers, no problem. Remington Thunderbolts had failures at least once in 10. It amazes me that Remington would put their name on such junk.

The Sig 522 is a really nice gun. It cycled on all the shells. The Remingtons just failed to fire.

The rifle just feels comfortable when holding it. The stock feels solid.  The magazine that came with mine fits well and is not loose as some have said.  The plastic magazine does ruin the looks of the gun in my opinion. I think it would look a lot more "bad ass" if it had a metal mag. I see where they do sell them. (Black Dog?). I think it would be worth it.

Michigan Joe,

I have a Sig 522 and an HK 416D. I like the balance of the Sig much better than the HK. The Sig's mags are made by Black Dog Machine. They are also the same mags that are used for AR 's that are converted to fire .22 LR. So any mag that is designed for the conversion will fit the Sig 522. Sadly the mags sold with the Sig 522 are almost impossible to load as they do not have what I call an "E-Z Load Button". I added this feature to the two mags I have. I can provide the details if you like. You must have access to a router to make the change.

Also, Brownell's (1-800-741-0015) offers a magazine loader for these mags, In catalog # 63, it is part number 100-004-398AD for $14.99.

By far the sig 522 is the stand out in the tactical.22 genre right now. It was just built right from the start. Concentric firing pin, real upper/lower/bolt setup, and best reliabilty of the class.

Ive shot most of the .22 tacticals out there, and without a doubt...the sig smokes em all.

Sounds like you are enjoying yours...keep on shooting!

Ive got to get the samson rail for mine..