Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Savage Mark II TR

imschur

When I was looking for a left handed rifle, the Savage MkII and CZ seemed to be the best choices for bolt actions. The CZ had nicer wood and was at least twice the $200-220 price of the Savage. (The standard model). I still want the Savage to practice left hand shooting. I saw a right handed model at Gander Mountain and concluded that it was a pretty nice rifle.

Those rails probably make it nice and heavy.

• 6 months later...

Got my hands on one of these today.

If you are into long range tactical rifles, this one is hands down the best "sniper-esc" training rifle out there.

They also make it with a desert tan stock, and it comes with a accutrigger that is adjustable from 3oz to 4.5lbs. The bolt handle is a oversized tactical type bolt. The stock is mcmillian/H-S Precision copy, and is just incredible. Fluted barrel. Its just begging to be taken out for a day of 100+ yard precision fun. Just wish .22 was enough to set off Tannerite...Some pill bottles would make for one incredible day of shooting.

If I had the money in my pocket, its one of those guns that would have walked out with me without a second thought. I will be purchasing one of them.

Its rare that a gun really gets my attention so much that it shoots to the top of my must have list...but this one just went right to the top.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/MARKIITR