Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Bolt Stop Mod

I'm not sure it is doing what it is suppose to do, but it is still working. The link over simplifies the modifications. It does appear to make it easier to get the bolt to unlock. I'm going to order a back-up bolt lock tomorrow, just because I'm a bit unsure. I'll have to go shoot it to make sure all is kosher I guess.

• 3 months later...

Actually I didn't replace the modified bolt stop with the new one. I just took the bolt stop out all together. Here is my reasoning; 1. The bolt stop doesn't automatically lock open the bolt when the magazine is empty. 2. The Tactical Rimfire I shoot in requires when you finish a stage you have unloaded and show empty, immediatley while at the shooting line bag your rifle OR put an empty chamber indictator into the rifle before returning to the staging area. I do the latter, I personally believe the empty chamber indicator is safer. Also if you aren't using empty chamber indicators you have to take your rifle to the firing line in your bag, unbag it at the line and hopefully someone will take it from you and return it to the table instead of tossing it in the dirt. I'd prefer my bag wasn't in the dirt because I have lots of embroidered patches on it, magazines and other stuff in the pockets. 3. So I really have no reason to have the bolt stop. 4. Getting around not having the bolt stop when cleaning is as easy as a clamy with non-marring jaws.

Since I've removed mine I have not had a single rifle malfunction of any type, not that I've ever had many with the 10/22.

• 10 months later...