Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Mossberg Tactical .22

kandyredcoi

New Member 1st post :D

New Mossberg!

Bought this sight unseen, price was to good to pass up, come to find out its supposed to be finicky with ammo and feels cheap.

well i got it today, will probably shoot it this week, so far it does not feel cheap, i managed to strip and clean and lube it.

Rifle is pretty much a semi-auto mossberg 702 plinkster thats dressed up by ATI to "look" like an AR15

comes with ghost ring sights, top handle mount rail, tactical forend 4 sided rail, 1-10rd magazine and adjustable LOP buttstock

will have a more detailed review after my break in range trip

for now some pics

fresh out the box

IMG_0832.jpg

after field strip, clean and lube

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

went for a quick break-in and sight adjustment range time

at first the rifle was shooting a group low and left

after quite a bit of adjustment, it finally got some good straight grouping at 30-40ft (deepest my indoor range goes)

had 4 FTF and 4 double feeds with in ~250rds 200rds CCI mini-mag; 50rds of mixed bulk ammo

(i blame the magazine)

but it is a lot of fun and a few people at the range did stop to ask some questions LOL

the 3ftf i got to take pics of

IMG_0908.jpg

all done

IMG_0915.jpg

yes it did

at first i was very skeptical because a few buddies told me that all they ever heard about were bad stuff

but after 200 or so rounds its not bad at all, it is pretty fun to shoot and accurate enough that i can get pretty good groups standing, free hand, no bench rest at about 40ft

im happy, i just think it needs better magzines and a fiberoptic front sight

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I got my first hands-on look at the Tactical day before yesterday. I wouldn't classify it as cheap it feels solid. I think the nay sayers are those who are just against polymers period. I'd think it would be a great rifle if I can ever get my wife interested in our tactical rimfire matches, I'd have bought it except I hear an EOTech 512 calling me!