Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Chiappa 1911-22 pistol

imschur

The Chiappa 1911-22 is a .22 pistol patterned after the M1911. The action is not  that of a 1911, but a fixed-barrel recoil system and is manufactured from steel  and "Chiappalloy"

[table] [tr] [td]Specifications[/td] [td]

[/td][/tr]  [tr] [td]Caliber[/td] [td].22 Long Rifle[/td][/tr] [tr] [td]Capacity[/td] [td]10 rounds[/td][/tr] [tr] [td]Grip[/td] [td]Wood[/td][/tr] [tr] [td]Barrel[/td] [td]5" / 6 grooves[/td][/tr] [tr] [td]Twist[/td] [td]1:16"[/td][/tr] [tr] [td]Total Length[/td] [td]9"[/td][/tr] [tr] [td]Weight[/td] [td]32 ounces[/td][/tr] [tr] [td]Price[/td] [td]$265+ depending on model[/td][/tr] [tr] [td]Availability[/td] [td]Now[/td][/tr][/table]

post-1-144124358109_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ellett Brothers claims it's made in the USA???? I thought it was Philipino.

"1911-22 STANDARD MODEL - BLACK SLIDE

• Designed to provide shooters a 1911-style pistol (made in the USA) in the affordable & available .22 LR caliber • Features the same weight & handling characteristics of the original 1911 • Redesigned action utilizing a fixed barrel design for high accuracy • Constructed from Chiappalloy & steel components • Wooden two-piece grips • Standard Model: black frame and fixed, Novak style rear sights"

OMG, Holy crap.....wanna talk about cheap? You should hold this Chiappa. It's got that distinct Crossman BB gun feel to it. And I don't mean the good models either. I may be afraid to shoot it. Holy crap! And they didn't even buy me dinner first. Oh, and BTW, it appears to be made in Dayton, Oh.

• 5 weeks later...

Hmmmm. And here I am on another topic thinking about buying this pistol from you??? Actually, it has very good reviews from gunblast.com  And what is wrong with Dayton???

:confused:TM

Love Dayton. We were just confused about nation of origin. We thought the pistol was foreign made but when I received it the only address on it is Dayton. Hence our surprise.

As to the pistol, Gunblast likes all guns. My impression of the pistol is it's of questionable build quality. I'd never buy another and would never recommend one. But if anyone wants one, I'll sell mine cheap. My opinion is formed on the basis of appearance only since I've never fired one.

Please keep in mind that over these many years I've become somewhat of a gun snob. An unfortunate  byproduct of lifelong firearms ownership.

OK. Since I've been bad mouthing the Chiappa 1911-22 based solely on appearance I decided to run a few rounds through it. I didn't feel like being fair so I only fired Remington Golden Bullet 550 bulk pack ammo. It digested it surprisingly well with only 1 malfunction, a stovepipe. Accuracy though was horrid with 4-6" groups at 20'. All groups were low left. Of course I pre-decided not to like the pistol so maybe I didn't give it my best. I've owned pistols in it's price range that looked better and shot better but none were a 1911 lookalike in 22lr.

• 2 months later...

Sold my Chiappa 1911-22 today via the interweb. I don't often sell personal firearms but this one was a real stinker IMO. A lot of folks on line seem to like them. I have to believe they and I have a different set of acceptable standards. I lost money on it. Live and learn.