Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

GSG-5 SD in all black?

FS2KSTD

• 4 weeks later...

I saw one at the store I bought my GSG-5, It was very nice looking. My son saw it and now he wants one, so I am going there on thursday and buying it for him for Christmas.

I also saw that the price on my GSG-5 dropped 20$, I spoke to the store manager and he sold me a GSG factory 10 round magazine for 16$, so I don't feel too bad.

Just stepped up to the plate and bought 2 of these all black SD's! I figured I'd better get them NIB whilst I could, before the "these are no longer available" gouging begins. Decent price for the rifles and $25 22rd mags(bought 4 of these as well  :grin:). Let the modding begin! 

Thanks for everyones input.

• 4 weeks later...

So I finally got to shoot my new SD yesterday. 250 flawless rounds of Federal Value Pack intermixed with 50 rounds of CCI Mini Mag ... not one issue(besides some Federal rounds with less than favorable report; but can't complain at $20 for 525 rounds?). I am very impressed and happy with my new GSG-5 SD ... just need optics for my old tired eyes!  ;D

Botach has the ELCAN SpecterOS 3.0 on sale for $845 ;D

Love the reticle design on that glass! I need one of those on my CQB AR build!  :thumb:

Have you seen the Trijicon in person?

I've only seen pictures; never FTF with that particular model Reflex. You?

That triangle looks interesting, I wonder if you can see your "targets" behind it?

The British SA80 uses the SUSAT sight which has a post. The initial complaint was that it was thick enough for you to not see someone stood in front of you at certain distances. They have changed the design by making a window in the post now, which keeps the soldiers happy (er) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SUSAT

That triangle looks interesting, I wonder if you can see your "targets" behind it?

I'm not sure whether the triangle is transparent enough to see through or not Dangermouse? I'll have to look around locally and see who has one in stock and take a peek. I know that POI is supposed to be zeroed at the top/tip of the triangle. Since this isn't a "combat" weapon, I wouldn't have an issue of not seeing through the triangle but it would not be my choice of optics on any of my fighting rifles. I prefer the red horseshoe dot reticle available on some of the ACOG sights for a CQB rifle.

http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=654&back_row=4&categoryID=3