Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Official Sig 522 Picture Thread

imschur

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

My 522.  Took pics of it at my home away from home (my work is 500 miles from my house, go figure.)

[img width=800 height=600]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p23/renderedtoast/100_1466.jpg

[img width=800 height=600]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p23/renderedtoast/100_1464.jpg

[img width=800 height=600]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p23/renderedtoast/100_1463.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here is my Sig project, just started and still waiting to get a few accessories. The only aftermarket item is the TruGlo Red/Green Dot. It's a shame Sig doesn't put any sights on these, it didn't stop me from running through 300 rounds the first day.

Using CCI tactical 22 ammo.

She fires rather nicely, although not as stable as an SBR. The optic is decent, but my vision is lacking and I am thinking of going to something easier to pick up, like a laser.

I'm not putting up bad groupings, but a 3 inch group at 25ft, with a semi zeroed red dot and crappy eyesight, is sufficient for now.

Cleaning the gun is pretty easy, minus one spot on the lower left of the chamber. Extra solvent and Q-tips help to get all the crap out of that spot.

post-1573-14412438681_thumb.jpg

post-1573-144124386815_thumb.jpg

Here is my Sig project, just started and still waiting to get a few accessories. The only aftermarket item is the TruGlo Red/Green Dot. It's a shame Sig doesn't put any sights on these, it didn't stop me from running through 300 rounds the first day.

Using CCI tactical 22 ammo.

She fires rather nicely, although not as stable as an SBR. The optic is decent, but my vision is lacking and I am thinking of going to something easier to pick up, like a laser.

I'm not putting up bad groupings, but a 3 inch group at 25ft, with a semi zeroed red dot and crappy eyesight, is sufficient for now.

Cleaning the gun is pretty easy, minus one spot on the lower left of the chamber. Extra solvent and Q-tips help to get all the crap out of that spot.

I purchased, from Wally World I think, flexible plastic dental picks that are perfect for getting the crud out of the nooks and crannies.

Does this pistol have a mounting point for a single point sling on the rear?

I purchased, from Wally World I think, flexible plastic dental picks that are perfect for getting the crud out of the nooks and crannies.

Does this pistol have a mounting point for a single point sling on the rear?

Thanks for the dental picks tip, I'm sure that would work better than a cotton swab. Yes, it has a single point sling mount. I wasn't sure what to get that would work. A local gun shop had a sling ring for $7, I promptly proceeded to used a heavy duty key ring with a Blackhawk sling from Wally World. :grin:

I find that if you adjust the single point sling properly and loop the sling over your

shoulder and push the pistol away from you until the sling is tight the AR pistols shoot very similarly to a short barreled rifle.

You can even rest your cheek on the sling.

I find this a very effective way of shooting these pistol versions of rifles.

I find that if you adjust the single point sling properly and loop the sling over your

shoulder and push the pistol away from you until the sling is tight the AR pistols shoot very similarly to a short barreled rifle.

You can even rest your cheek on the sling.

I find this a very effective way of shooting these pistol versions of rifles.

Adjusted the sling to my liking and zeroed the TruGlo at 25ft, over the weekend. You were spot one, once I got used to using the sling to steady the Sig, I rested my cheek on the sling and my shot grouping improved. At 25yds, I get rather large groupings averaging about 8 inches,this is due more to my eyesight. My dominant eye is unable to see specific targets, so I shoot for center mass. Still, I am able to hit the target and maintain some accuracy.

I put another 200 rounds through the Sig, and she fired flawlessly, only one failure to feed.