Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Has Anyone Purchesed One of These Yet?!

Im really curious to know if anyone has bought an MP5 .22 yet.  I have a GSG-522 and am very fond of it. So are my friends.  But before I suggest the ATI one, I'd like to know more about the Umarex/Walther/HK one.

Also, is the slider stock all metal? or is is plastic where it mounts to the rifle?

Sam I researched the parts numbers on the Umarex site, The Colt (which I own) and the HK have the same part number for the receiver extension. It is all metal with a plastic slide stock, Mil-spec. A substitute stock mil-spec would be a slip on affair, I think. The GSG guns I don't know about. All the Umarex guns appear to be identical on the basic internals.

I held both GSG and the Mp5 today. It's hard to say which on is better but from what I seen on YouTube disassembly is easier on the MP5, it breaks down like an Ar so cleaning should be a simple. Also isn't Umarex just the importer? It was stamped "Walther" on the lower receiver. It is $100 more then the new gsg522. Just for the ease of takedown I would pay that difference.

Umarex is actually the parent company of Walther. I have the Colt and am very happy with it. These Umarex guns are purpose-built firearms and NOT converted airsoft guns. The breakdowns for cleaning aren't too bad once you become familiar with the arm. The Walther chambers are tight, causing ammo pickiness on some rifles. After 5-6 hundred rounds they smooth up nicely.

• 4 weeks later...

WELL whats up gents? I'm new to this Tac.22 thing. But I just purchased the HK  MP5 A5 last wednesday and I love it. I have many other firearms but This is my first 22lr ever. So far I have the RIS rail with Knight hand guards  on it as well as the low profile mount.  Both items from Umarex. I will post pics in the morning.

• 3 weeks later...