Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Match Barrels for these Puppies?

I havent seen anything. Ill bet Walther can spit them out

I am sure Walther could pump these Barrels out if they wanted. The thing with these Large Companies is, if they dont think they can make millions from a product, they dont want to deal with it.  Lets keep our Fingers crossed, I would love to get a solid Barrel for this little Gun.

Walther has a custom barrel shop. They price their work competively

Thats some good info. I had no clue.  By chance do you have a link for them?        Maybe if enough people inquire about these Barrels they might start thinking, power in numbers. 

Sent an e mail to Lothar Walther. Lets see what happens.  I see they have two 22 rifle Barrels listed one is a Ruger.  No HK416 Umarex listed.  I will keep you informed on the out come.

Ok, read below. E MAIL from Lothar Walther Custom Barrel Shop.

We can make one, you will have to supply us with a print or drawing.

Woody Woodall

is there an exploded view someplace? I wonder if they duplicated someone elses system

If I had the time I would take apart this little Rifle and remove the Barrel. But I am working on too many projects, AK's and AR's at the same time. Plus its my sons Gun, this is the only Rifle he will shoot when we go to the range, so I dont want to take it apart and have it sitting like my other projects. 

I have never seen a exploded view of this gun, I am sure its out there.  No one else on this forum interested in a Barrel for this Rifle but us two?       

Go to Tactical.22.net info page. Click on Resources and download the Colt/Umarex owners manual. There is an exploded view of the internals of the Colt, the HK is an exact copy internally. The barrel is sleeved, with a brazed chamber. This design would not lend itself easily to modification. The person who offered to make a barrel is probably not familiar with this arm....These Walther-made barrels are match-grade with tight match chambers. Many report outstanding accuracy with the right ammo.

Go to Tactical.22.net info page. Click on Resources and download the Colt/Umarex owners manual. There is an exploded view of the internals of the Colt, the HK is an exact copy internally. The barrel is sleeved, with a brazed chamber. This design would not lend itself easily to modification. The person who offered to make a barrel is probably not familiar with this arm....These Walther-made barrels are match-grade with tight match chambers. Many report outstanding accuracy with the right ammo.

rodent.22,

Thanks for chiming in on this subject. Lothar Walther Custom Barrel Shop is the ones that said they could make a Barrel.  Goes to show when you have a Company spread across the Globe, one Hand does not know what the other Hand does. If the Barrel is Brazed to the upper Receiver, then you are correct, nothing can be done to upgrade.    BUT, if the Barrel is brazed to the sleeve around it, then screwed into the Upper Receiver, then it could be replaced with a complete new Fluted Competition Barrel.  The reason I want to replace the Barrel is to get rid of the Sleeve, and to install a real Barrel without a Sleeve.