Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

testing waters- winchester ammo

M4rk

ive been shooting cci and federals, so far so good. i go by the saying "dont fix it, if it aint broke"... but i jus feel like thers gotta be better ammo than those two. so i was wondering if anyone has experience with these ammos:

winchester 40gr round nose 1300FPS- 500 bulk pack

winchester1300rn.jpg

and the newest one ive seen(first time for me) winchester M22 40gr 1255FPS -1000 bulk pack

winm22.jpg

anyone shoot these?? thanx

I'm a firm believer in CCI Min-Mags and Federal Auto Match. I've had very little problem with either over the years. I shot CCI in my tricked out tacticool 10/22 during the Tactical Rimfire Matches. For my Buckmark Federal Auto Match as always worked well in both plinking and the few times I've used it to compete. I've also been using it to practice with the rifle and if all keeps going as it has I may stop buying CCIs, hey I never have intentions of competing beyond the fun local level.

• 1 month later...

At my Walmart, the price of the M22 was $45/1000rd.  The Federal 550 box was $15.  You can get 1650rd of Federal ammo for the same price of 1 box of the Winchester M22.  I prefer the CCI Mini-Mags.  I never shot Federal in my .22, so I decided to give it a try because I just got the BDM 50rd magazine.  Federal ammo is dirty, but my gun had no issues eating it up.  I wanted to try the M22 but I couldn't resist the $15 price tag with the Federal.

• 2 weeks later...

The Winchester "RN" 1300 fps ammo has performed flawlessly in my GSG-522, Walther P-22, Ciener Platinum Cup 1911, Ruger 10/22, and Razorback.

I really LIKE this ammo...it's clean both outside and "in" speaking in terms of residue left behind.

It has NEVER demonstrated a feed jam in ANY of my guns, and I'm sitting here racking my brain to remember if a round ever failed to fire.

My Walther LOVES this stuff..well, it loves everything else too, and my GSG REALLY seems pleased when firing this ammo.

I'd buy a LOT of this ammo if the price ever gets a little more competitive.