Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Red Dot?

Cracker7

What do you guys think about the tru glo-tru brite open red dot sight? I found it for $75. Doesn't seem like a bad deal.

In general with any Tru Glo you are getting what you pay for. I wouldnt call them well made. They are typical asian buid quality made to a price point. They are serviceable and will probably last you for a while. Build quality will vary. I think if you get one from someplace with a decent return policy youll be ok. Make sure the knob and battery door function properly. If they dont return it for another unit. Better still find one on a store shelf and cherry pick it. I think these things retail for $85

My buddy keeps telling me that the tru glo is fine for me. Going to the range. I don't mind spending the money on something good.I want something that is good quality and will last. I would rather get an open sight as opposed to a regular sight. Thanks for all your help so far.

Hey Cracker7, does your friend own one that you can try? If so see if you can borrow it. Get it out in all lighting conditions and see if it appeals to you. Go through the motions of changing the battery. Is it easy? Does it seem like it will hold up?  I suggest going to a store and fondling some sights. If you are shooting a few times a month the TG is probably fine. If your a heavy duty shooter I suggest looking at all your options before dropping your cash.

Tru Glo, Osprey, Barska, NCStar, Konus are all at the extreme low end with these sights. In fact I wouldnt be surprised if they were all from the same factory or made from the same parts just mashed together a little different.

Not trying to be negative or disagree with your friend. I just want you to be informed  :thumb:

Went to the local shop. They were very helpful. They had everything. TruGlo to EOTech. He told me they've been having alot of luck with the Vortex. $150 and out the door i went. Now I'm all set to go to the range, but with the crazy weather here in New York i have to wait a couple days. LOL

Went to the range this past weekend and had a blast. What a great rifle. With the vortex red dot, made it so easy. Awesome dot for the price. Now i just hope it lasts for a long time. Lol  Shooting the cci mini mags down range with a red dot is almost like cheating. Very accurate and so much fun. I'll put a picture up soon.

Later