Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

took project of a spin today

took my first project to the range today.  I was very pleased with the performance.  of the mods i made to the 10/22 here are my impressions:

archangel kit - i like it.  i don't like taking it apart to clean the rifle but the kit does add value to the base 10/22.  i wish the design engineers would have put a little more though into the tear down.

composit barrel - can't say enough about it.  light and accurate.  dropped the total weight of the rifle from 8lbs to 6lbs.

magpul pts sights - great backups.  they hold up, keep there accuracy and cost about a quarter of the price for the mbus.

magpul afg - simply awesome.  keeps the hand in natural position and gives the rifle a natural lead feel.

red/green dot - first time i've used on and i'm hooked.  great picture and easy see though with pop-up sights once placed on an elevated rail.

laser/flashlight combo - not sure yet.  haven't used it.

quick release - great for slinging and unsling the rifle.  i like the carry.  a single point sling didn't work out well as the rifle hung too low for my liking.

BX-25 mags - simply the best.  fits better than the buttler creeks and feed consistantly.  btw, if you don't buy steel lips you might as well through them in the river.

So what do you think of my project?  Any experiences i should look for?

post-845-144124375341_thumb.jpg

post-845-144124375347_thumb.jpg